Physical address: - P.o. Box 407 Code: 50307
LUANDA - KENYA
Cell Phone: - 0727 576 295 / 0712 793 622
2) Area of Specialization
- Animal Science
- Crop husbandry
- Basic Science
- Home Economics
- Agricultural Engineering.
3) Districts where am Located
4) Activities Currently ongoing
In summary, I have pursued and completed a two year course of both practical and theoretical orientation at Bukura Institute of Agriculture and qualified as an Agricultural Extension Service Provider. Extension Services to me is not a job but a calling. I have served in that capacity with various organizations ranging from Governmental Organizations, Non - Governmental Organizations and Community Based Organization in both Agriculture and Livestock related enterprises as a change agent.
Being a Service Provider, I participated in and completed a training course in project proposal writing and management organized by the Kenya Agricultural Productivity Programme at Pwani University College, Kilifi. I am a trained Trainer for the value Addition and cottage Industry Development (VACID) to which I am accredited by WILL power Enterprises Development Limited and Kenya Agricultural Productivity Programme. I am a member of ALIN (Arid Lands Information Network)
The mission is to promote farming as a business in Kenya and abroad by providing a forum for stakeholders to exchange ideas, promote capacity building.
To facilitate the creation of value addition and cottage Industry Development (VACID) of international standards, through pooled resources in production, processing, marketing and capacity building programmes.
Improved rural livelihood in Kenya and abroad through enhanced access to cash income, improved human health and sustainable environment by bringing Technology to the farmers.
5) Past Activities and Impact to the community.
As an extension service provider I have participated in common interest (CIG) formation to under take various projects as a resource mobilization for community developments.
I have trained soya beans farmers in Homabay District on how to process Soy beans for food products e.g. Soy milk, soy flour, soy meat, soy beverage formation of animal feeds and soy snacks and marketing of soy products.
As a trained trainer in project proposal writing and managements I developed proposals for the KAPP OGANGO SOYA BEANS PROCESSING AND MARKETING for up scaling and the projects was funded by Kenya Agricultural Productivities Projects (KAPP) amounting to Kshs. 1.2. million and the CIG has bought the processing machine and installed for soya beans values addition and cottage industry development in Homabay District to generate house hold income and to create on farm employment opportunity to the community a very important item in the millennium development agenda
2005 TO DATE
District Service unit
Box 681, Homabay
- Capacity building programmes
- Proposal writing and Projects Management
- Value addition and cottage industry development (VACID)
- Training in Soyabeans processing for food products soy milk, soy beverage, soya flour, Animal feeds and soya meat.
- Poultry production and marketing of poultry products
- Agri - business
- Resource poor farmers (PAPOL)
2000 - 2004
The green belt movement
- Enviomental sustainability
- Agro - forestry
- Food Security (Orphan Crops)
1996 - 1999
Kenya Breweries Ltd
Mau - Narok
P.o Box 707
- Seed multiplication (Barley and HOPS
- Siol analysis
- Seeds trials and seed quality
- Plant pathology (pest and disease control)
1990 - 1995
Ministry of Agriculture
- Soil and water conservation
- On farm grain storage
- Selection of Agricultural value chain
- Markets and marketing information
- Group dynamics formation / development/management
- Cross cutting issues
- Gender mainstreamed issue
- Combat HIV / AIDS and other preventable diseases
- Drug and alcohol abuse
- Advocate for rights and good governance